I started the manic stage today and will be putting my new theories to the test later on today. I will explain them a little later. The best way for someone to deal with the Bipolar waves is to first get good at recognizing them at the earliest stage possible. The depression was easy to recognize because I started to feel lazy and then directly after that would start to have the depressed thoughts. As soon as I felt lazy during my day to day routine I would start to prepare my mind to fight the untrue reasons my brain would come up with to explain the depression. Manic is harder to recognize, because it is a positive emotion, happy. But, on this time around I figured that since I get lazy before the depression then maybe the opposite is true. In a way it is, I found that because my mind was moving faster that I was getting bored very quickly during my day to day routine. Shorty after I started to feel bored the hypersexuality thoughts snuck in. Now that I have figured out how to recognize the very beginning of the manic stage I can better prepare myself to stifle the symptoms.
When I am depressed my mind is moving slower and I only have one thing to fight. Although it's mentally draining, it is easier then dealing with the manic. When I am manic my mind is racing quickly and I also have to deal with the hypersexuality. So, there are two things I have to fight on the manic stage. Before I was manic I started to think of things I could do to offset the symptoms.
For the symptoms of my mind racing I thought about calming techniques. The theory I am going to try is breathing and meditation techniques. When I notice that I am having trouble concentrating because my mind is racing I will stop what I'm doing, stare at a point in front of me, and breath deep and slow (in through the nose and out through the mouth). I will do this about five times or more, until I feel calmer.
The hypersexuality part is harder to deal with. I thought about what satisfies the hypersexuality. Could it be an orgasm? No, I don't think so, because when I have been hypersexual in the past I could orgasm three times in a day and still want more. In the past I wasn't satisfied until after four or six hours (sometimes more) of sex (with breaks every 45 mins to an hour of course) and I was too worn out to continue. Therefore, it must be the energy expended during the act that calmed down the hypersexuality and not the orgasms. So, I've decided to work out when I am feeling hypersexual, jogging and weight lifting. If I work out hard enough it should equal the energy expended after six or more hours of sex and help curb the need. I foresee myself working out hard for three days out of the week, unless I find a woman that is willing to expend the energy the fun way. ;p
I will post again after my manic stage is over and let everyone know how it went.
No comments:
Post a Comment